Desk Days #3
Mornings are not my thing, and when you’re up late studying you want to sleep in as much as possible during the flash card filled days. Here is my quick morning make-up routines for days I only have 5 minutes.
- Marc Jacobs Perfection Powder. It’s light-weight but gives the perfect amount of coverage over my foundation. Some days I just dust some of this on my face if I’m really in a hurry.
- CK One Color Mascara & Victoria’s Secret Eye Liner. A little mascara every morning makes a huge difference in making your eyes look open & awake. If you have time add a little eye liner for a more dramatic look.
- Benefit Big Easy BB Cream. These all in one BB or CC creams are the best! They have everything in them: your foundation, SPF plus they are lightweight. The all-in-one part is what make them a must-have for your morning school routine.
- Beauty Rush Lip Gloss & Chap Stick. Lip gloss is something you can swipe on in a second and easily re-apply all day while giving you a little extra something, something on your lips. Before lip gloss always swipe on some chap stick, I have these little blue tubes laying all over the house, but in my purse I carry EOS.
- Straighter & Bobbi Pins. A few swipes through my hair and I am good to go in the morning. I usually throw my bangs up with bobbi pins so they are out of my face for busy days.
Marc Jacobs Perfection Powder: Sephora $46
Victoria’s Secret Eye Liner: Victoria’s Secret $12
CK One Color Mascara: Ulta $18
Benefit Big Easy BB Cream: Ulta $38
Beauty Rush Lip Gloss: Victoria’s Secret 4/$20
Back to School Day 2.
Now that you know where-to shop, here’s the what-to shop guide for your upcoming desk days, in a snapshot of my favorite trends for this Back to School season.
- Midi Skirt. I just adore the midi skirt. It’s so different from what has been around lately, and feels fresh to wear. I found mine this season at Zara in a color that will transition perfect into fall, and add some much needed color to my closet.
PS stop back Friday to see how I styled mine
- Tulle. I’ve been searching for a tulle skirt for the longest time and finally found one this summer in NYC. They are simply adorable and so much fun to wear. I plan on pairing mine with some chunky boots and a leather jacket to toughen up the look.
- Statement Necklace. The bigger the better in this case. If you have a neutral colored wardrobe like mine colorful statement necklaces are a way to brighten it up… and make a statement. I have been seeing them everywhere lately from specialty boutiques to Target.
- Metallic Shoes. This summer I think everyone in my office had a pair of metallic shoes, and they are here to stay for fall. Think of metallic as a neutral and wear them with EVERYTHING! I found an awesome pair of sandals at Kohl’s, but if you are looking for school shoes I would opt for a pair of flats.
- Chunky Boots. They are a must have for the winters in the Mid-West, and since the 90’s are having a comeback the Dr. Marten style boots are your must-haves for the fall. I love my Docs I bought at the beginning of last fall and plan to wear them for many years to come.
Posted in Stalking Style
Tagged BCBGMAXAZRIA, Fashion, Jeffrey Campbell, Junya Watanabe, outfits, Polaroid, polyvore, schooltrends, Style, T.U.K., trends, Zara