1. The Purse. What holds everything. I bought this bag before I came to New York specifically for the trip. There’s always a reason to buy a new bag. I did really need a cross-body bag with a zip closure to keep be safe in the big apple. The size is also perfect to fit everything I need for work (and shopping), but it isn’t bulky for walking the crowded streets.
2. Sunnies. This city is hot and sunny in the summer, these are a must.
3. Wallet. I always carry a little (very little) amount of cash with me. There’s also a credit card for emergencies, my ID, and the fabulous metro card… I say that sarcastically because I hate the subway.
4. EOS. Best chapstick in the world.
5. Tic-Tac. I either carry these or gum with me for after lunch.
6. Pepper Spray. What can I say, this is New York.
7. Ibuprofen. These are a must to survive life anywhere sometimes.
8. iPhone & Headphones. The walk to work is about a mile, music makes it go faster. An app that has saved my life and my wallet this summer is NYC Subway, it helps to navigate the subway system easily.
Purse: Coach Outlet $100
Sunnies: Marc by Marc Jacobs $40 Belle & Clive
Wallet: Pacsun $12 (very old)
Yes you read that right, I have officially re-located to New York City for the summer. I have been here for almost three weeks now interning as part of the the accessories styling team at Bluefly. If you have ever shopped their site you know I am working with the most beautiful accessories and clothes: Fendi, Prada, Christian Louboutin, Dior, and many more. And yes I do get a discount on it all, and double yes I am treating myself to something beautiful at the end of the summer!
I am going into my fourth week of work and I have already learned so much; we have photo shoots at least once a week and it is incredible to see everything come together, and even more incredible I get to be a part of it.
Along with being the best intern 4 days a week, my other goal in coming here was to explore this city… this city I have dreamed about for years. I am obviously doing a lot of shopping while I’m here, looking for a couple perfect pieces to update my wardrobe. I have already been to three sample sales, and found a colorful Equipment sleeveless top for $25, and a Helmut Lang grey stylish sweatshirt for $40.
Sushi + Bryant Park = My Dream
New York known for their shopping and fashion is also known for their food. One of the first places on my list of food to-do’s was Little Italy. The second weekend I was here, my roommate and I made the hike down for some delicious pasta and wine (and I’m taking my mom and aunt there this weekend YUM AGAIN). What might be my favorite part of the New York food scene is the outdoor eating; whether it’s sitting at a little café outdoors or taking your lunch to Bryant park and eating on the steps.
Other than that I have just been getting settled in to my New, New York life. My mom and aunt are coming in less than a week and my boyfriend is coming in less than 2 weeks; I will have more New York tourist-y photos to share with you then.
Hope you are all having a fabulous summer. -Rachel Jean
In honor of spring day 1, I dug up an old outfit post from the warmer weather, in hopes it would bring the weather back to us. Becasue I am sick of this polar vortex.
Top: Vintage Christain Dior $20
Bottoms: DIY Calvin Klein shorts from Goodwill $1.49
Shoes: JCPenny $30
Bag: Vintage Coach from Pawn American $30
Posted in #OOTD
Tagged coach, dior, diy shorts, OOTD, outfit, outfit of the day, ripped shorts, spring, spring is coming, spring outfit, summer outfit, vintage, vintage coach, vintage dior, vintage outfit